Before ordering gift cards, the shopkeeper must be set up within the GiftRocker platform. If you have an interested shopkeeper, send the following to email@example.com: owner’s full name, phone and the URL for the company. Please include the owner (or primary contact) on the email. Shopkeeper setup takes 1 business day if the customer is decisive.
Once the shopkeeper is setup on the GiftRocker platform:
A) Does Sir Speedy have an available designer?
GiftRocker sends email to Sir Speedy originating customer and inquires whether a designer is available to work on the new Shopkeeper’s gift cards.
B) SirSpeedy confirms designer
B.1) Confirm – a designer is available
B.2) Decline (no worries here, we’ll find a designer and still give SS the print business and client contact for future projects)
—- If B.1) —-
C) SirSpeedy contacts shopkeeper
Sir Speedy designer contacts their new client SAME DAY. Within the email, include the following information:
- introduce yourself as the gift card designer (give name, phone number)
- ask for high resolution art (be proactive and get everything you need in one ask, see side note)
- ask whether client is looking for a basic card that follows website theme or something unique
- as a basic example, you could send Rico’s: http://www.giftrocker.com/help/giftrocker-gift-cards/
- ask whether client wants 250, 500 or a higher count of cards
- provide pricing. suggested pricing:
Design can cost range from $50-100.
– 250 for 72.10 or .29 per card
– 500 for 101.00 or .20 per card
Setup: $30 – $45
- ask for delivery address (if you grab from website, you could just confirm)
- provide timeframe for delivery (i.e. design – 1 day; print – 2 days; ship 2 days)
** side note – take a look at the shopkeeper’s website for design ideas **
I like Google Chrome’s “inspect element” to capture artwork. As an example, Port City Brewing has multiple layers of design: logo where you will need high res version: http://portcitybrewing.com/static/i/logo.transparentBkg.png and a background color #F8F6E8 and a nice layer providing texture: http://portcitybrewing.com/static/css/i/bkg.tex.paper.png
** end side note **
D) GiftRocker sends QRCodes to SirSpeedy
Once the new shopkeeper has indicated how many gift cards are needed, contact SirSpeedy@GiftRocker.com with a request for unique QRCodes. You will receive a zip file of QRCode images and an index file.
If GiftRocker is fulfilling the design, the gift card artwork will be sent along with the QRCodes.